This morning I was disappointed with myself for a choice I’d made. I had some space to sit and journal about it. As I did, a number of things converged together:
– it being Ash Wednesday and so the start of Lent, and I have been wondering about things I might choose to give up in this period as a way of growing my relationship with God
– I was particularly challenged by a Facebook friend who is giving up social networking for this period, so he can have more time to pray.
– An overnight email told me another friend had a new blog entry – and since I’ve just downloaded the new WordPress Android App, I thought I could easily look at it … And at the same time check any follow up comments to my comment in his previous entry – and I found he’d written something encouraging about me having a story to share – which got me thinking whether I believe that – or not …
– yesterday (Tuesday) we decided that I would fly to China in 2 weeks’ time (rather than today!), and so it feels like I have a period of preparation and reflection time …
– for a while I’ve been challenged about accountability in a number of aspects of my life – and I’ve been realising that I don’t share much about my life with anybody in any context … And so, with all these things buzzing around, I suddenly thought: maybe I could start writing a blog?!
So, here I am – and I’ve set a goal to make an entry every day for the period of Lent and right up until Easter Sunday. That seems to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and a clear Timeframe.
Will anyone read it? – well, I’m not sure – but, like speaking on radio, I need to assume that someone will. Anyway, even if no one does, I hope it will be good Self Therapy in working things through for myself!
So, here I am at the start of Lent, not just thinking about things I might give up, but starting something new! Thanks for sharing this window into Rohan’s world … Enjoy the ride with me! Please do comment and share your thoughts with me 🙂